Ingredients 4 Number of Servings
1 Box Barilla Farfalle
3 cups pumpkin and seeds
1 sprig rosemary
⅔ cup ricotta plus extra for serving
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Pinch of nutmeg
- Cut pumpkin into large pieces, removing seeds, inner strands and skin. Keep seeds aside to toast.
- Cut the pumpkin in about 1 cm size cubes and set aside.
- Heat a dry frying pan and add the pumpkin seeds to toast. Once done, set aside. In the same pan add some oil and then the chopped shallots and garlic, stir and cook gently.
- Add the pumpkin to the pan with rosemary sprigs, nutmeg, salt and pepper and allow to become fragrant. Add a few ladles of pasta water and continue to simmer for 6-8 mins (you can add a lid to help it cook).
Bring a pan of water to a boil, add salt and cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
Transfer ¾ of pumpkin mix to a food processor leaving some of the mixture whole to serve. Add the ricotta and some more pasta water if needed. Blend until smooth.
- Return the blended pumpkin mixture to the pan with gentle heat on to let it warm.
- Add the pasta to the blended pumpkin mix and serve with remaining unblended pumpkin mix, extra ricotta if desired, and top with toasted pumpkin seeds.