Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Capellini
- Butter (25 mL)
- Mussels, fresh
- 1 can Chipotle (7oz.) (207 mL)
- Half and half cream (8 oz.) (237 mL)
- Garlic, 3 pieces (chopped)
- Shallots, 2 small cloves (chopped)
- Salt to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large saucepan put the butter in low heat until it melts and add the chopped shallot, once it changes color add the mussels, 1 tablespoon (15 mL) chipotle, cover and simmer in low heat until they open.
Once they are all open take them out and reserve on a side, (be sure to get rid of the ones that did not open because they might be not too fresh)
Go back to the saucepan with the remaining broth and add the half and half cream, incorporating with the help of a whisk until it thickens.
Cook the pasta according to the directions, drain.
Add the pasta to the chipotle sauce and check the spice, you can always add more chipotle, do not let it get dry.
Take the mussels out of their shell and put them into the pasta out of the heat. Reserve 4 pieces for decoration.
Serve and enjoy.