Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 Box Barilla® Capellini
- 1/4 Cup (63 mL) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 Teaspoon (5 mL) Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- 2 Pints Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- ½ Cup (170 g) Romano Cheese Grated
Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion in olive oil, until slightly browned and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the peppers and sauté for 3 minutes.
Add the sauce and 1 cup of water, bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta and toss with the sauce.
Remove the skillet from the heat and toss with cheese and basil before serving.