Creamy Farfalle with Gorgonzola and Pear
Recipe credit: Zahra Abdalla
Inspired by: House of Gucci
Some of the most dramatic scenes in the film “House of Gucci” happen against the backdrop of the Italian Alps, a northern region of Italy known for rich and comforting pasta dishes like this Barilla Farfalle al Gorgonzola recipe. Like “House of Gucci,” this dish is serving up drama with creamy gorgonzola and crushed walnuts, adorned atop perfectly al dente bow tie pasta. Serve up the theatrics at your next dinner party with this recipe and turn your kitchen into “House of Barilla”.
Ingredients 4 Number of Servings
1 box Barilla Farfalle pasta
1/2 cup pasta water, plus 2 tbsp set aside, as required
2 tbsp salted butter
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Bosc pear, grated
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1/2 cup 35% cream
125 g gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
2 tbsp chopped toasted walnuts
Optional: basil for garnish
- Cook the Barilla Farfalle pasta to al dente, 11 minutes, reserving some of the pasta cooking water.
- In a large skillet, on medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Once melted, add in the grated pear and sauté until softened.
- Add in the chopped shallots and garlic, sauté until softened, add in the chill flakes and cook for another minute.
- With the heat on medium low, pour in the heavy cream and add in the gorgonzola, stir until the cheese has melted. Add in the parmesan, black pepper and salt.
- Add the cooked Farfalle, mixing well to coat. Add in one tbsp of the chopped parsley.
- Plate the pasta, garnish with 1/2 tbsp walnuts per serving, more parsley and a sprig of basil as desired. Best enjoyed immediately.