Level up your classic macaroni with this Barilla Gouda Mac and Cheese recipe. It's got all your favourite ingredients from the traditional recipe, but with an elevated, premium flair (hello, smoked Gouda and chopped cilantro!)
Ingredients 8 Number of Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Macaroni
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 5 ½ cups milk
- 2 ½ cups smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized saucepan melt better and cook over medium heat, making sure it does not turn brown. Stir in flour; cook for 2 minutes.
In a separate saucepan, add milk and bring to a simmer, making sure not to scorch the bottom of the pan. Whisk warm milk into butter/flour mixture. Whisk in cheese, then season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain and toss with the sauce. Fold in cilantro.