This Greek inspired Barilla Orzo Pasta Salad recipe is quick & easy to make, fresh and delicious. A must-have recipe to add to your repertoire of easy dinner ideas, and a guaranteed hit at your next summer potluck. This vegetarian Mediterranean orzo pasta salad can be served as the main meal or as a side dish.
Ingredients 6 Number of Servings
- 1 box Barilla Orzo pasta
- 3 pints multicolour cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 small cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 TT Black olives (optional)
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 Tsp dried oregano
1 TT Sea salt and black pepper
- Cook pasta as directed on the package but drain one minute earlier. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and place flat on a sheet pan to cool down. Meanwhile cut all the vegetables as described.
Make the Greek Salad Dressing: In a bowl emulsify 5 tbsp olive oil with salt, pepper, vinegar and oregano.
- Stir in cold orzo pasta and all the remaining ingredients, mix well.