- High Protein
Raise your hand if marinara sauce is one of your favourite kinds of pasta sauce! When mixed with al dente Barilla Lasagne in these quick, easy to prep rolls, you're in for a treat. This recipe is hearty and flexible--don't be afraid to switch out the vegetables depending what you have on hand! Say hello to your next dinner idea.
Ingredients 16 Number of Servings
1 box Barilla® Lasagne pasta
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 lb beef, grounded
1 small onion, diced
2 small zucchini, diced
3 small Portabella mushrooms, diced
1 pound (454 g) ricotta cheese
6 basil leaves
1 cup (340 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
Salt and black pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 375 °F.
- Cook Barilla Lasagne pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and toss pasta with 1 tbsp olive oil and lay flat on a sheet tray.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté ground beef until fully cooked.
Add sauce and ½ cup water; bring to a simmer.
In another skillet, sauté onions in remaining olive oil about 3-4 minutes then add zucchini and mushrooms and sauté another 2 minutes until browned.
- In a large bowl, stir veggies into the ricotta cheese and fold in eggs and basil.
Spread filling onto the 16 pasta sheets and roll them up.
- In a 13” x 9” dish add 1 cup of meat sauce and spread evenly.
- Add lasagne rolls and cover with remaining sauce and cheese.
Bake covered with foil 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook 5 additional minutes until cheese is brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Let rest 15 minutes before serving.