Fettuccine with Wild Mushrooms
By: Chef Devan Rajkumar
This pasta dish is a traditional Trentino Alto Adige recipe, from the Northern Italian Mountain region which is known for Mediterranean flavours with a German influence. Because of this region’s unique ecosystem, a wide selection of fruits, vegetables, wildflowers and more are grown and reflected in their local cuisine. This Fettuccine with Wild Mushroom recipe is made from four different mushrooms, dried chanterelle, morel, porcini, and oyster, to make a delicious, creamy dish.
*Best served with Ruffino Chianti DOCG*
Taste profile: Ruffino's original wine, and one of the world's most recognized Tuscan wines. The wine is extra dry, medium-bodied and well-structured. Enjoy aromas and flavours of chestnut, leather, rye bread and red berry fruit, with spicy notes and a touch of pepper.
Ingredients 4 Number of Servings
1 box Barilla Fettuccine
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 14g package dried chanterelle mushrooms
1 14g package dried morel mushrooms
1 onion, finely diced
1 tsp. chili flakes
1 14g package dried porcini mushroom
1 cup dried oyster mushrooms, torn
1 tbsp. chives, finely chopped
1 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano + 2 tbsp, reserved for garnishing
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. lemon zest
2 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Place pan over low-medium heat then add olive oil.
Add diced onion and garlic, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add chili flakes, chanterelle, morel, porcini, and oyster mushrooms. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add parsley.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and salt generously. Add Barilla Fettucine to the boiling water and cook according to the package instructions, around 11-13 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain and reserve ¼ cup of pasta cooking liquid.
- Add Fettucine to the pan with the mushrooms, adding the pasta cooking liquid as needed.
- Gently toss the Fettucine with the mushrooms and add Parmigiano Reggiano, chives and lemon juice tossing again to incorporate.
- Garnish with more Parmigiano Reggiano and lemon zest and serve warm.