- Non Vegetarian
You've tried regular pesto, but have you tried kale pesto? It uses the same ingredients as basil pesto, but with added flavour and health benefits from the kale. Mix it with your al dente Barilla Farfalle, shrimp, and you've got yourself a fabulous fresh side dish or appetizer.
1 box Barilla Farfalle pasta
2 cups torn kale leaves, stems removed
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1 clove garlic
¼ cup toasted walnuts
5 + 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup Romano Cheese
½ lb. Medium shrimp peeled and deveine
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to box directions.
- In a food processor, combine the kale leaves, basil, garlic walnuts and salt. Pulse until finely chopped.
- While the processor is still running, add in the olive oil and lemon juice. Scrape down the sides process again.
- Add the cheese and pulse to combine.
- In a large skillet heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat, season the shrimp with salt and pepper then sear on both sides for approximately 30 seconds or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- In a large bowl toss the pesto with cooked pasta and shrimp then serve.