*Best served with Ruffino Lumina Pinot Grigio IGT*
Taste profile: Pronounced aromas of fresh-cut lemon, gooseberry and a touch of herbs. Vibrant and fresh on the palate, with mineral notes on a clean finish.
Ingredients 2 Number of Servings
1 box Barilla Penne
6 tbsp. EVOO
1/2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
Black pepper to taste
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 sprig rosemary
1 lb. medium shrimp, shelled and halved
Salt, to taste
Turn oven on to 400F.
Bake halved grape tomatoes seasoned with 1 tbsp EVOO, salt and pepper until slightly browned and thoroughly cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Place a pot of water to boil, cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and drain pasta
- In a skillet, add 2 tbsp EVOO, brown shrimp on both sides over high heat, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside in bowl.
- In the same skillet, sauté garlic with rosemary and 2 tbsp EVOO until garlic turns slightly yellow.
- Stir in Cannellini beans and 1 cup of pasta cooking water. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for a few minutes. Let cool and process 1/3 in the blender until smooth. Put back together with the other beans, add tomatoes, shrimp, parsley and bring to simmer.
- Drain pasta and stir in the bean and shrimp mixture. Serve drizzled with a touch of olive oil.