- Sea Food
What happens when you combine a juicy piece of pesto salmon with al dente Barilla Orzo? You get an explosion of flavour, and a recipe you’ll want to make again. A must-try for your next weekday or weekend meal, especially for any seafood lovers!
- 30 g
- Total Fat
- 40 g
- 5 g
Ingredients 4 Number of Servings
- ½ box Barilla® Orzo pasta, prepared according to package directions
- 1 jar of basil pesto
- 4 5 - 6 oz salmon fillets, about 1 inch thick
- 4 12 x 15-inch pieces parchment paper
- 1 medium yellow squash or zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sliced black olives
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Heat the oven to 375°F. Pat dry the salmon fillets and sprinkle them with pepper.
To prepare each fillet, center it on a short end of a sheet of parchment, a few inches from the edge. Top it with 1 tablespoon of the pesto, then squash, olives, shallot, and capers. Fold the parchment in half crosswise over the salmon. Fold in a corner of the creased edge to seal it. Working around the perimeter of the packet, make another overlapping fold, then continue in this manner, overlapping as you go, until the packet is completely sealed.
- On a large baking sheet, place the pouches and bake until the salmon can be easily flaked with a fork, which takes about 20 minutes.
- Cook Barilla Orzo pasta as per packaging instructions, plate Salmon over Orzo pasta, top with additional pesto and a drizzle of olive oil.