Ingredients 3 Number of Servings
240 g of Barilla Orzo pasta
450 g of pumpkin
30 ml of olive oil
Salt to taste
pepper as needed
nutmeg to taste
vegetable stock (l litre-1.2)
30 g of grated cheese
Prepare a vegetable stock and keep it hot
- Cut the pumpkin into small pieces and slice the shallots. Add some oil in a frying pan then the shallots with a pinch of salt. When beginning to soften, add the pumpkin and fry for 2 mins.
- After 2 minutes add a ladle or 2 of stock to the pumpkin and let it cook for around 10 minutes.
- When it feels soft, roughly mash what you can with a fork.
- Add the Barilla Orzo pasta and start to cook it again: add a ladle of broth at a time, stir everything and add the next ladle only when the previous one has been absorbed.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg
When cooked, stir in the cheese and serve hot.