1 BOX SARDINE FILLET CLEANED
2 cups FENNEL
1 can ITALIAN TOMATO PASTE
½ cup PINENUTS
¼ cup RAISINS
½ cup ITALIAN BREAD CRUMBS
2 pc ONION
½ tsp. SAFFRON
FOR GARNISH FENNEL POLLEN AND FRONDS
FINISH WITH OLIVE OIL CAVIAR
SALT TO TASTE
In a stock pot add fennel stalks, saffron and salt. Bring to a boil and cook pasta till al-dente.
- In another sauté pan add olive oil, diced onion, chopped fennel tops and cook for a 1 min. Then add pine nut, raisins, and few strands of saffron, cook for another min.
- Add cleaned sardines and tomato paste and a little pasta water if needed and cook until sardines are done.
- Mix in cooked pasta with the sauce. Use a knob of butter to if desired to finish the pasta.
- Plate the pasta and sprinkle Italian bread crumbs.
- Garnish with fennel pollen and fronds and finish with olive oil pearls/caviar.