Ingredients 4 Number of Servings
7 oz beef, minced
¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
Nutmeg, salt and black pepper to taste
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cups onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
30 oz tomato puree
½ cup Pecorino cheese, grated
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Prepare the meatballs: in a mixing bowl, combine the beef, Parmigiano Reggiano and season with nutmeg, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Shape the meatballs (1 cm balls) and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce in a large skillet by adding olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and stir until translucent.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and add meatballs.
- Cover skillet with lid and let the sauce simmer for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally without breaking the meatballs.
- Cook pasta and drain two minutes before the suggested cooking time on the package.
- Combine the pasta with the sauce. Finish cooking with half a ladle of pasta water, and add Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Serve the pasta and garnish with meatballs on top. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.