Barilla® Springtime Rigatoni with Tomato and Amaranth
Ingredients for 4 people
1 box Rigatoni
1 shallot, minced
4 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups of canned tomatoes, chopped
1 cup amaranth sprouts
Parmigiano cheese, to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add rigatoni and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, sauté 1 minced shallot with 4 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add 2 cups of canned chopped tomato, season with salt and pepper and simmer for few minutes.
- Drain al dente rigatoni pasta, toss with tomato sauce
- Fold in 1 cup of amaranth sprouts and sprinkle with Parmigiano cheese before serving.