- High Protein
Indulge yourself with a pasta Carbonara recipe! Carbonara is an Italian pasta dish made with egg, Pecorino Romano cheese, guanciale, and freshly ground black pepper. Combine these ingredients with al dente Barilla pasta for a perfect base to hold the creamy sauce.
Forever a classic, you can’t beat a 5 ingredient, delicious and traditional Italian recipe, a pasta alla Carbonara. The best part is? This traditional carbonara recipe is quick & easy, so you can prepare and enjoy in less than 30 minutes. Buon appetito!
Ingredients 2 Number of Servings
Cook Barilla Spaghetti pasta in a large amount of salted boiling water.
- In the meantime, separate egg whites from the yolks.
- In a mixing bowl, add egg yolks and 1/2 cup of the grated Pecorino Romano and a handful of black pepper.
- Add some of the pasta water to the mix and whisk until smooth.
- In a non-stick pan, cook the guanciale cubes until they develop colour without adding any oil.
- Drain the pasta when at al dente. Set some of the pasta water aside to add flavour to the guanciale.
- Toss the guanciale in the egg and cheese mixture.
- Mix well, and add some of the pasta water if mixture needs to be thickened.
- Add pasta to mixture, coat well and serve immediately.