- High Protein
Forever a classic, you can’t beat a 5 ingredient, delicious and authentic Carbonara. The best part is? This recipe is so quickly prepared, you can prepare it and enjoy in less than 30 minutes. Buono appetito!
Ingredients 2 Number of Servings
1/3 box Barilla Spaghetti
2 egg yolks
Black pepper to taste
3/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano
1/2 cup guanciale (or your choice of cured meat)
Cook Spaghetti in a large amount of salted boiling water.
- In the meantime, separate egg whites from the yolks.
- In a mixing bowl, add egg yolks and 1/2 cup of the grated Pecorino Romano and a handful of black pepper.
- Add some of the pasta water to the mix and whisk until smooth.
- In a non-stick pan, cook the guanciale cubes until they develop colour without adding any oil.
- Drain the pasta when at al dente. Set some of the pasta water aside to add flavour to the guanciale.
- Toss the guanciale in the egg and cheese mixture.
- Mix well, and add some of the pasta water if mixture needs to be thickened.