Barilla® Gluten Free Spicy Mac & Cheese
Everything you love about creamy mac & cheese – now gluten free! This spicy, gluten free dish combines jalapenos, milk, cream & pepper jack cheese for a flavorful dish.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Gluten Free Elbows
- 2 cups (500mL), heavy cream
- 2 cups (500mL), organic milk
- 1 tablespoon (15mL), corn starch
- 1 pound (454 g) Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeño, small diced
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and pre-heat oven to 400°F
Cook pasta 2 minutes shorter than recommended cook time
In a small pot, heat milk and cream until begins to simmer
Mix corn starch with 2 tablespoon (30 mL) water to create a slurry. Add slurry to the cream mixture to thicken, then season with salt, pepper and jalapeño.
Slowly add 3/4 (255 g) of the cheese into the sauce, whisking constantly
- Add pasta to the mixture & let it sit for 5 minutes
- Place in a 13 x 9 greased baking dish, top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until bubbling and slightly caramelized on the top.