Ingredients 4 Number of Servings
1 box Barilla Chickpea Rotini
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 clove garlic, chopped
6 ounces shitake mushrooms, sliced
1 bag baby spinach, divided
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil; cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions.
- Meanwhile in a skillet infuse garlic and half the olive oil over medium heat for two minutes, add mushrooms and brown well over high heat, season with salt and pepper.
- In a blender combine cream to 1⁄2 bag spinach, salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Add green cream to mushrooms and bring to a simmer.
- Drain pasta; add to mushroom/spinach mixture, stir in remaining spinach and combine well over high heat.
- Stir in cheese before serving.