Ingredients 4 Number of Servings
1 box Barilla Red Lentil Penne
1 whole leek, sliced into thin rings
3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
Salt and pepper to taste
1 each broccoli "Romanesco", or broccoli, cut into florets
1 stalk of celery, diced
2 tbs parsley, chopped
- In a small pan, cook leek and celery gently with 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, adding 1 Tbsp. of water every now and then to cook without browning.
- After sautéeing for about 10 minutes, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions. After 3 minutes, add broccoli florets and cook together with the pasta.
- Once penne is cooked al dente, drain pasta and broccoli, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Add pasta and broccoli to the pan with the sautéed leek mixture, adding a little of the cooking water and remaining olive oil. Top with parsley.