- 1 box Barilla® Pronto™ Cut Macaroni
- 3 cups water (750 mL), cold
- 1 cup (250 mL) heavy cream
- ½ tablespoon (3 mL) dry mustard
- 1 ½ cups (510 g) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup (255 g) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pour whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 3 cups (750 mL) of cold water into the pan, ensuring that the water covers the pasta.
- Turn on the burner to high, then set your timer for 10 minutes. Optional: add about 1/2 teaspoon (3 mL) of salt to taste.
Cook on high, stirring regularly, until most of the water is absorbed about 10 minutes but may vary by stove.
Add mustard and cream and bring to a simmer then, remove skillet from the heat and gently fold in sharp cheddar, Parmigiano and parsley. Serve immediately.