- 1 box Barilla® Pronto™ Penne
- 3 cups (750 mL) cold water
- 1 cup (250 mL) heavy cream
- 3 cups (1020 g) broccoli frozen chopped
- 1 ½ cups (510 g) cheddar cheese shredded
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pour the whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 3 cups (750 mL) of cold water into the pan, ensuring that the water covers the pasta.
- Turn on the burner to high, then set your timer for 10 minutes. Optional: add about 1/2 teaspoon (3 mL) of salt to taste.
Cook on high, stirring regularly, until almost all of the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes but may vary by stove. Add cream and broccoli, stir to combine and gently heat through.
Remove the skillet from heat, season with salt and pepper to taste and fold in cheese. Serve immediately.