Barilla® Pronto™ Penne with Onion, Basil, Pepperoni, & Pecorino Cheese
- 1 box Barilla® Pronto™ Penne
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) cold water
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) chicken broth
- 1 cup (340 g) yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup (340 g) Pepperoni, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup (170 g) Pecorino cheese, grated
- 5 basil leaves, torn
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1Pour the whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) of cold water and chicken broth into the pan, ensuring that the liquid covers the pasta. Add onion.
2Turn on the burner to high, then set your timer for 10 minutes. Optional: add about 1/2 teaspoon (3 mL) of salt to taste.
3Cook on high, stirring regularly, until most of the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes but may vary by stove.
4When pasta is almost done, add pepperoni and garlic; gently cook through. Remove from heat and stir in cheese and basil. Serve immediately.