- 1 box Barilla® Pronto™ Rotini
- 2 1/2 cups ( 625 mL) cold water
- ½ cup (125 mL) Marsala cooking wine
- ½ cup (125 mL) tomato sauce with mushrooms
- ¾ (255 g) cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup (170 g) Pecorino cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley (30 mL), chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pour the whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) of cold water and wine into the pan ensuring that the liquid covers the pasta. Add mushrooms.
- Turn on the burner to high and set your timer to 10 minutes. Optional: add about 1/2 teaspoons (3 mL) of salt to taste.
Cook on high, stirring regularly, until most of the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes but may vary by stove.
Add sauce and gently heat through stirring to combine. Remove from heat and stir in cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.