- 1 box Barilla® Pronto™ Rotini
- 3 cups (700 mL) cold water
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) red chili flakes
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 cup (340 g) black olives, sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons (10 mL) capers
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon (5 mL) parsley, chopped
- Pour the whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 3 cups (700 mL) of cold water into the pan ensuring that the water covers the pasta.
- Turn the burner to high, then set your timer for 10 minutes. Optional: add about 1/2 teaspoon (3 mL) of salt to taste.
Cook on high, stirring regularly, until 1/2 of the water is absorbed about 5 minutes but may vary by stove. Add garlic and chili flakes, stir to combine. Continue to cook on high about 5 minutes.
With about 1 minute left add the sauce, olives and capers, season with salt and pepper. Remove the skillet from heat and top with parsley. Serve immediately.