Ingredients 6 Number of Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Rotini
- 3 cups (700 mL) cold water
- 4 tsp EVOO
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) red chili flakes
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 cup (340 g) black olives, sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons (10 mL) capers
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon (5 mL) parsley, chopped
- Place a pot of water to boil; cook pasta according to directions. Meanwhile in a skillet sauté garlic with olive oil and red pepper flakes for one minute.
- Add olives and capers and sauté for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in tomatoes, add one cup of pasta cooking water and bring to boil, season with salt and simmer for five minutes.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Finish with parsley before serving.