One Pan Pronto™ Masala
- 1 box Barilla® Pronto™ Cut Macaroni
- 3 cups vegetable broth (250 mL)
- 1 cup (340 g) onion, diced small
- ½ cup (170 g) carrots, diced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- ½ cup(170 g) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL ) ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon (3 mL) chili powder
- ½ teaspoon (3 mL) cumin, ground
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 cup (250 mL) Greek style yogurt, plain
- ¼ cup (62.5 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
1Heat olive oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, onion and dry spices. Lower the heat and cook until translucent and fragrant about 5 minutes.
Add carrots and tomatoes and stir until combined.
Pour the whole box of pasta into the skillet and add broth ensuring that the liquid covers the pasta. Add peas.
4Turn on the burner to high and set your timer for 10 minutes. Optional add about 1/2 teaspoon (3mL) of salt to taste. Cook on high, stirring regularly, until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes but may vary by stove.
5Remove from heat. After plating, put a dollop of yogurt in the center of each serving and sprinkle fresh cilantro leaves over the top of each dish.