One Pan Vegetarian Chili Mac
- 1 box Barilla® Pronto™ Cut Macaroni
- 3 cups (750 mL) vegetable broth, low sodium (or water)
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- ½ cup (170 g) onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (340 g) black beans, drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned tomatoes, diced
- 1 ½ tablespoons (23 mL) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cumin
- 5 ounce bag spinach
- 2 cups (680 g) sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pour the whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 3 cups (750 mL) of cold water into the pan ensuring that the water covers the pasta. Add garlic, onion, peppers, beans, tomatoes and spices.
- Turn on the burner to high and set your timer to 10 minutes. Optional: add about 1/2 teaspoon (3 mL) of salt to taste.
- Cook on high, stirring regularly, until most of the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes but may vary by stove.
- After 8 minutes add spinach. Continue cooking until all of the liquid is absorbed and the spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from the heat and stir in cheese.