- 350 g Barilla Linguine
- 180 g Barilla Pesto Genovese
- 16 Prawns, peeled and veined
- 150 g Green beans, roughly chopped
- 1 Shallot
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring plenty of water to the boil in a big pot. Add salt when boiling (approx. 7g per liter). Cook the Linguine according to the instructions on pack.
- In a large pan, cook the shallot, thinly sliced, in a little olive oil. Once the shallot golden and tender, add the prawns, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook gently for a few minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4-5 minutes before draining the pasta, add the green beans to the pot, so to allow them to cook together with the pasta.
- Drain the pasta “al dente”, together with the beans, reserving a little of the pasta water; bring back the pan with the prawns onto the heat, add the pasta and the pasta water, sauté gently.
- Once the excess liquid has been absorbed, remove from heat and add the Pesto Genovese. Mix well so to coat the pasta evenly with the sauce, then serve immediately with a drizzle of olive oil.