Leftover Penne Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Peas & Lemon Panko Topping
Ingredient ratios and servings will vary according to the quantity of leftover pasta you have.
Feel free to adapt the recipe to your needs.
Recipe on TikTok by @flavorsbyale
Ingredients 4 Number of Servings
- Leftover Barilla Penne Rigate n.73 with saffron and zucchini
- 4oz Pancetta
- 8oz Small Sweet Peas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used provolone + fontina), plus more for topping
- 6 slices of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Parmigiano cheese
- Pinch of Salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet over medium-low heat cook the pancetta until crispy.
- In a large bowl combine the leftover pasta, crispy pancetta, peas, a drizzle of olive oil and the shredded cheese. Mix well and then transfer the mix into a baking dish in an even layer. Top with the sliced mozzarella and another handful of shredded cheese.
- Continue stirring and add first a little milk at a time and then all of it, until the desired consistency is achieved. For a medium consistency, cook for 5-6 minutes on low heat.
- Combine the panko, parmigiano, lemon zest, parsley and a pinch of salt. Distribute the panko mix on top of the cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and fresh parsley.