Barilla Angel Hair with Red Onion, Tomatoes & Parmigiano Cheese
Ingredients for 4 people
- 340g Barilla® Angel Hair
- 20g Extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
- 170g Red onions julienne
- 400g Fresh tomatoes diced peeled seeded
- 2 Leaves fresh basil chopped
- 40g Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese divided grated
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Bring a large, salted pot of water to the boil.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté onions over a medium heat for 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, basil and little water and simmer.
- Season to taste, simmer for 5-7 minutes and set aside.
Cook pasta according to pack description.
- Drain and toss with ½ of the sauce and Parmigiano cheese, season to taste and set pasta aside to cool.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add pasta and fry until bottom is golden brown and crispy.
- Invert onto plate or cutting board, return pasta to the pan and to cook and fry the other side.
Invert pasta into the serving plate and pour rest of the sauce over the pasta.