Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 Box Barilla Rigatoni
- 225g Butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 500g Milk
- 170g Parmigiano-Reggiano or Castelmagno cheese shredded divided
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
- 1 Clove garlic minced
- 450g Frozen porcini mushrooms thawed cubed (may substitute button mushrooms)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stirring constantly cook for 3 minutes
Heat milk and add all at once to flour mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes on low heat, stirring constantly or until sauce comes to a boil and thickens. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Stir in half of the cheese and remove from heat.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add garlic; cook until it turns yellow
- Add mushrooms and sauté until tender, after add them to cheese and mix well
Cook Rigatoni in salted water for half the recommended cook time
- Drain pasta and add to the sauce
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased 1-1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley.
Bake 20 minutes and let is stand 10 minutes before serving