Ingredients for 4 people
- 250g Barilla 'La Collezione' Pappardelle
- 1 Jar Barilla Napoletana sauce
- 1/2 Onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 450g Pumpkin, 1cm diced
- 1 Bunch English spinach, roughly chopped
- 10 Fresh oregano leaves
- 2 Tablespoons sultanas
- 100g Fresh ricotta
- 50g Pecorino Romano cheese, shaved
- Extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rock salt, for pasta water
Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add salt. In the meanwhile, prepare and cut the vegetable.
COOK THE VEGETABLES
In a large fry pan, gently heat a little oil, and when hot, add onions and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add the pumpkin and cook on a gentle heat until tender. Add sultanas and season to taste.
ADD THE SAUCE
Add Barilla Napoletana sauce and bring to a simmer, then cook for 2 minutes.
COOK THE PASTA
Drop the Barilla Pappardelle into the water and stir. Cook according to the instructions on the pack. Drain one minute before the suggested cooking time, reserving a third of a cup of the cooking water.
COMBINE AND SERVE
Toss the pasta in with the pumpkin sauce, then add the spinach and cook for one minute. Remove from the heat and add fresh ricotta and oregano and stir to combine. Serve with Pecorino shavings and a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil.