If the thought of Valentine's Day conjures up images of overcrowded restaurants serving an overpriced pre-fixe dinner, don't fret. We've got a date night at home solution that you and your sweetie will fall in love with.
Set the mood from the star with a playlist of familiar, soft ballads. Ease into conversation over a pesto and cheese fondue- like dip served with an aperitivo of Prosecco, Negroni or even sparkling water served in a champagne flute.
With the faint sound of instrumental jazz playing, continue the evening with a first course of orecchiette and succulent shrimp. A sauce made from cream and Prosecco and studded with chili pepper keeps things interesting.
Keep the sparks flying as you tuck into this recipe of pesto and herb-infused salmon. Pair with a Pinot Noir, a dry Pinot Gris or Chardonnay for an elegant main course. The one-pan prep is ideal for easy clean up, because you shouldn't spend the night washing dishes.
Here are a few tips to make the night even more memorable:
- Dress up! It is a date night after all.
- Create a formal tablescape with a tablecloth and best dinnerware and glasses.
- Fresh flowers are always a welcomed sight.
- Consider dimming the lights or eating by candle light.
- End the evening on a sweet note with a classic heart-shaped box of chocolates.