Date Night At Home
If the thought of Valentine's Day conjures up images of overcrowded restaurants serving an overpriced pre-fixe dinner, don't fret. We've got a date night at home solution that you and your sweetie will fall in love with.
Pesto and Three Cheese Dip
Set the mood from the star with a playlist of familiar, soft ballads. Ease into conversation over a pesto and cheese fondue- like dip served with an aperitivo of Prosecco, Negroni or even sparkling water served in a champagne flute.
Orecchiette with Shrimp in Prosecco Sauce
With the faint sound of instrumental jazz playing, continue the evening with a first course of orecchiette and succulent shrimp. A sauce made from cream and Prosecco and studded with chili pepper keeps things interesting.
Salmon with Pesto, Tomatoes and Herbs
Keep the sparks flying as you tuck into this recipe of pesto and herb-infused salmon. Pair with a Pinot Noir, a dry Pinot Gris or Chardonnay for an elegant main course. The one-pan prep is ideal for easy clean up, because you shouldn't spend the night washing dishes.
Here are a few tips to make the night even more memorable:
- Dress up! It is a date night after all.
- Create a formal tablescape with a tablecloth and best dinnerware and glasses.
- Fresh flowers are always a welcomed sight.
- Consider dimming the lights or eating by candle light.
- End the evening on a sweet note with a classic heart-shaped box of chocolates.