Spaghetti Recipe with Bolognese Sauce
Looking for a perfect pasta recipe that's both satisfying and delicious? Look no further than this Spaghetti Alla Bolognese recipe! Use Spaghetti in place of tagliatelle and you have your new favorite Italian tradition. Cook when you need a hearty recipe that can satisfy a large group, like a dinner party or a holiday dinner.
1 box of spaghetti
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup carrot, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
6 ounces Italian pancetta, chopped
3 tablespoons butter
2 pounds ground beef
1 pound ground pork
1 ½ cups dry white wine
Salt and pepper to taste
6 ounces tomato paste
1 cup fresh Parmigiano, grated
½ cup heavy cream
- Grind vegetables and pancetta in a food processor until fine.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and add vegetables and pancetta; cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add ground beef and pork. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 30 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly.
- Add white wine. Cook until wine is completely reduced.
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Cover with water and simmer for 2 hours, or until the water evaporates.
- Cook pasta according to package Directions:. Drain and toss with 1 lb. of sauce.
- Stir in cheese before serving.
- Freeze the extra sauce in a single container for later use.
Photo Credit: Chef Lorenzo Boni