Earthy mushrooms and nutritious lentils take this campanelle to another (flavorful) level. Why are lentils so nutritious? They’re a type of “pulse,” which is a low-fat, protein-packed seed that grows in pods like beans, lentils and peas.
1 box campanelle
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 can lentils, drained
To taste salt
To taste black pepper
1 oz. porcini dried
1 tablespoon Italian parsley
1. Soak porcini in warm water for 30 minutes.
2. Chop garlic.
3. Place garlic in a skillet with the oil and sauté. Add the porcini roughly chopped once garlic turns yellow. Sauté 2 minutes.
4. Add lentils and 1 cup of chicken stock. Season with salt and black pepper and bring to simmer.
5. Cook pasta according to the directions, drain one minute early.
6. Toss pasta with the lentils mushroom sauce.
7. Garnish with chopped Italian parsley.