Chipotle Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Chef Santiago Gomez has made the ultimate pasta recipe for cozy winter nights! Curl up with this delicious gluten free recipe, featuring mac n cheese and chipotle chilies. Spicy pasta has never been better or cheesier.Servings: 4
½ box Barilla® Gluten Free Elbows pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups almond milk
3 tablespoons pastured butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 ½ cups cheddar cheese
½ cup parmesan cheese
½ tsp kosher salt
4 teaspoons canned chipotle chilies
1. Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add the macaroni and oil and cook as directed on the box, stirring occasionally.
2. While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in the skillet over medium low heat. Once it’s melted, sprinkle the flour on top of the butter and whisk to combine. Cook for 1 minute while whisking.
3. Add the milk to the butter mixture and whisk well to combine. Continue whisking as it cooks and thickens, about 8 minutes.
4. Add the salt and chopped chipotles to the sauce and stir well to combine. Add more salt to taste if needed.
5. Drain the pasta and add it to a large mixing bowl. Pour the sauce over the pasta and add the cheddar cheese. Gently stir everything to combine.
6. Pour the mac and cheese into a well-greased squared baking dish. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of the macaroni and bake at 375 for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
7. ¡Buen provecho!