Gluten-Free Penne Pasta Pizza Casserole RecipeCombine two classic favorites into one tasty dinner idea that both you and your kids will love! Pizza and pasta meet in this delicious gluten free recipe from Chef Santiago Gomez. Whip it up for a kid-friendly recipe that's sure to please the whole family.
1 box Barilla® Gluten Free Penne pasta
1 pound pre-cooked shrimp
4 ounces cooked bacon
2 green bell peppers, chopped
1 medium red onion, chopped
2 cups grated parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 cup sliced green olives
1 cup spinach, chopped
24-ounce jar pizza or marinara sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook penne pasta per the instructions on the box. Drain and set aside.
2. While the pasta is cooking, place a large skillet over medium heat and brown bacon for 5 minutes. When ready, add shrimp and cook for 5 more minutes. Drain grease.
3. Add previously cooked mix to a large mixing bowl.
4. Add bell pepper, onion, parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic, mushroom, olives and spinach.
5. Add cooked penne and pasta sauce and toss to combine.
6. Pour mixture into a greased squared pan.
7. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
8. Bake for at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbling.