Bowls are one of the biggest food trends in 2017 and Chef Santiago Gomez has a delicious new recipe.
½ box Barilla gluten-free rotini
2 cans low sodium black beans
3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
2 ripe and cubed avocado
1 cilantro fist, chopped
2 cups organic yellow corn
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1 can Homemade Salsa Verde
1 small bag Crushed tortilla chips to garnish on top
1. Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add the rotini and oil and cook as directed on the box. stirring occasionally.
2. While the pasta is cooking, shred the chicken and reserve.
3. Chop avocado and cilantro and reserve. Drain beans and reserve.
4. Once pasta is ready let it cool for 10 minutes.
5. Serve in a soup bowl placing 1 cup of pasta on the bottom and top with all the ingredients, leaving the crushed tortilla chips until the end.
6. Bring to the table with the salsa verde on the side so each person can choose how spicy they like it.
7. ¡Buen provecho!