Mostaccioli with Shrimp and Cannellini Beans
Try a few different ways to pack your pasta with nutrients! It's easier than you think to fill up a pasta recipe with protein.This irresistible mostaccioli recipe is filled with delicious shrimp and cannellini beans, also known as “pulses.” Pulses are nutritious, protein-filled seeds, like beans, lentils and peas. Between the pasta and pulses, you'll stay satisfied all day!
1 box mostaccioli
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 pound medium shrimp (20 count per lb.) shelled and halved
1 can drained cannellini beans
1 cup vegetable broth
½ tablespoons parsley, chopped
To taste black pepper
1 tablespoons fresh thyme
1. Bring a pot of water to boil.
2. Sauté garlic with thyme in half the olive oil until garlic turns lightly yellow.
3. Add shrimp and browned on both sides.
4. Add tomatoes and cook for one minute.
5. Stir in drained cannellini beans and a cup of vegetable broth. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for a few minutes. Add parsley.
6. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to Directions:. Toss with the sauce and serve with remaining extra virgin olive oil drizzled on top.