Spaghetti with Flavors of Sicily
Bucatini pasta with anchovies, garlic, green Sicilian olives, capers, sweet red peppers, oven-dried cherries, fresh oregano, extra-virgin olive oil and Pecorino Romano cheese.
Video credit: Chef Lorenzo Boni
1 box Collezione spaghetti
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 anchovy filets
2 tablespoons capers, in salt, rinsed
1 clove of garlic, sliced
1 Castelvetrano olives
1 sprig oregano
1 pint cherry tomatoes, oven dried
1 red bell pepper, julienne
¾ cup Romano cheese, grated
Salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 210 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the tomatoes in half and cook for 2 hours, cut side up. When ready set aside.
3. Bring a pot of water to boil, cook pasta according to directions.
4. Meanwhile in a skillet sauté garlic and anchovies with half the olive oil for one minute.
5. Add oregano, olive capers and sauté for one minute over high heat.
6. Add peppers and tomatoes. Add one ladle of pasta cooking water and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
7. Season with salt if needed.
8. Drain pasta, toss with the veggie mixture and ½ cup of cooking liquid for 2 minutes.
9. Stir in cheese and remove oregano sprig before serving.