Casarecce with Italian Cheeses and Truffle Oil Recipe
Mac and cheese for when you feel like adulting.
1 box Barilla® Collezione Casarecce
⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
1 cup Asiago cheese, shredded
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon truffle oil
1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Fry bread crumbs with olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet until crispy; set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; season with salt.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions,
4. Melt the Fontina cheese and Asiago cheese with heavy cream over low heat in a medium skillet, stirring frequently until combined, about 4 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
5. Toss pasta with the cheese mixture in a large serving bowl until combined.
6. Stir in truffle oil and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese,
7. Top with the bread crumbs.