1 box linguine
24 cloves garlic, peeled
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
dash kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon zest
4 tablespoons flour
3 cups nonfat milk
½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
2 small yellow onions, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 cup vinho verde
2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
6 cups broccoli florets
4 ounces black pepper pecorino cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine 24 cloves of garlic, olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper. Toss until well combined.
3. Place in a small casserole dish and bake for 35 minutes.
4. In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. Add flour and stir for one minute.
5. In another medium saucepan, bring milk to a simmer over medium heat.
6. Slowly whisk milk into butter and flour mixture and continue to cook for 3 minutes until thickened.
7. Whisk in nutmeg and Parmigiano-Reggiano and season with salt and pepper, remove from heat.
8. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions, drain.
9. While pasta is cooking, bring 1 quart of water to boil and cook broccoli florets for 2 minutes, drain.
10. Remove garlic from oven and place into large saucepan over medium high heat.
11. Add onions and celery and sauté until translucent.
12. Add wine and reduce until liquid is almost evaporated.
13. Add white sauce.
14. Add pasta and broccoli and toss until well combined.
15. Top with grated black pepper pecorino.
Photo Credit: Lorenzo Boni
Food Stylist: Diane Vezza