Get in your greens with this tasty vegetarian spaghetti.
1 box thick spaghetti
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ yellow onion, chopped
2 cups broccoli florets
1 bunch asparagus, sliced on a bias
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 cup vegetable broth
⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
To taste salt and black pepper
1. Bring a pot of water to boil. Meanwhile. in a skillet sauté onion with olive oil over medium heat for 3 minutes.
2. Add broccoli and asparagus. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in turmeric and vegetable broth and simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Cook pasta according to directions but drain two minutes early, reserving ½ cup of water.
4. Finish cooking pasta with vegetable mixture and cooking liquid over high heat.
5. Top with pumpkin seeds before serving