1 box casarecce siciliane
6 plum tomatoes peel and cubed, divided
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 cup basil leaves, packed, divided
Salt and black pepper to taste
¾ cup peeled almonds
1 garlic clove
½ cup Romano cheese, grated
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil
2. In a small bowl, marinate ¼ tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 basil leaves julienned, salt and pepper; set aside
3. Process in a blender almonds, garlic, 5 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper and cheese
4. Add remaining tomatoes and basil to blender; process by pulsing until tomatoes and basil are chopped but not too smooth
5. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.
6. Toss pasta with pesto and cooking liquid, top with marinated tomatoes before serving.