1 box ziti
4 tablespoons EVOO, divided
1 small onion, chopped
1 spring rosemary
1 small pumpkin, peeled and diced ½ inch
2 cups vegetarian or chicken broth
⅔ cup grated Parmigiano cheese
To taste salt and black pepper
1. Place a pot of water to boil.
2. Meanwhile in a skillet sauté onion with ½ olive oil over medium heat until translucent, about five minutes.
3. Stir in diced pumpkin, cook five minutes over high heat, season with salt and pepper, add broth and bring to simmer, cook until soft.
4. With the help of a spoon smash part of the pumpkin, discard rosemary sprig.
5. Cook pasta according to directions, drain and toss with sauce, turn off heat, stir in cheese and remaining olive oil before serving garnished with few leaves of rosemary over the top
*Pasta in the picture is served in a carved out pumpkin previously baked at 400°F for about 25 minutes