1 box rotini
1 pounds dried salt cod, soaked for 12 hours in cold water. (Change water two times)
½ cup garlic cloves, cut in half
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup green olives
2 cups artichoke hearts, quartered
½ cup Italian parsley leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions. Drain pasta reserving ½ cup pasta water.
3. Sprinkle pasta water over pasta to keep warm.
4. Toss 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and garlic together and place on a baking sheet and put in oven for 15 minutes.
5. Drain cod and place in a medium sauce pan with enough water to cover and bring to a boil
6. Drain, cool slightly and pull cod apart into shreds.
7. In large mixing bowl, combine cod, tomatoes, ¼ cup olive oil, green olives, artichoke hearts, garlic and parsley
8. Place cod mixture on a baking sheet and put in oven for 30 minutes.
9. Toss pasta with cod mixture, dividing juice from cooking evenly.
Photo Credit: Lou Manna
Calories: 436.2 Fat: 13.1g Total Carb: 52g Protein: 29.8g