1 box ditalini pasta
¼ cup butter
3 cups leeks, cleaned and chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon zest
½ cup flour
6 cups nonfat milk
2 cups bock beer
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 bay leaf
3 cups aged white cheddar cheese
16 ounces frozen cauliflower florets
1 tablespoon parsley leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions, drain.
2. While pasta is cooking, microwave cauliflower for 8 minutes with ¼ cup of water, covered with plastic wrap.
3. Remove cauliflower from microwave and puree.
4. In large saucepot, melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic and sauté until soft.
5. Add lemon zest.
6. Sprinkle flour on to leeks and garlic and stir for 2 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan bring milk to a simmer.
8. Slowly whisk in milk into leek mixture and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
9. Add beer, Worcestershire, dry mustard, cauliflower puree and bay leaf and simmer for 5 more minutes.
10. Lower heat and add cheese until melted.
11. Remove bay leaf and blend soup with an immersion blender until smooth.
12 Stir in pasta.
13. Serve in bowls and garnish with parsley and croutons.
Photo Credit: Lou Manna
Calories: 486.5 Total Fat: 12.6g Total Carb: 67.3g Protein: 23.4g