Cheese and Spinach Tortellini in Wild Chanterelle Broth
September is National Mushroom Month, so there’s no better time to celebrate one of pasta’s best friends.
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 package Barilla Collezione Cheese & Spinach Tortellini
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup leeks, chopped and cleaned
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups black chanterelles
2 cups golden chanterelles
5 cups kale, chopped
1 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
1 cup white wine
8 cups reduced sodium beef consommé
1. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In large saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat
3. Sauté leeks and garlic until golden brown.
4. Add mushrooms, kale and thyme and sauté for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add wine and reduce until almost the alcohol is cooked off.
6. Lower heat, add consommé and bring to simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Add ricotta and spinach tortellini.
Photo Credit: Lou Manna
Calories: 269.9 Total Fat: 8.6g Total Carb: 34.7g Protein: 10.1g