1 box spaghetti
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 small yellow onions, sliced
3 red bell peppers, cored and sliced
1 ½ pound flank steak
1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
6 garlic cloves
1 jalapeno, seeded and coarsely chopped
½ cup red wine vinegar
2 cups fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
1 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon red chili flakes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1/3 cup olive oil
1. In food processor, add shallots, garlic and jalapeno and pulse until items are the size of peppercorns.
2. Add red wine vinegar, cilantro, parsley, oregano, chili flakes, kosher salt, sweet paprika and olive oil. Pulse again until all items are well combined.
3. Rub flank steak with ½ cup of chimichurri mixture and marinate for 1 hour in the fridge.
4. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions, drain.
5. Place flank steak on grill and cook for 3 minutes and rotate half a turn and cook for 3 more minutes.
6. Flip over and cook 3 more minutes and turn for 3 more minutes.
7. While flank steak is grilling, place a medium sauté pan over high heat.
8. Add olive oil then onions and peppers to pan.
9. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until browned and tender.
10. Remove flank steak from grill, let the meat rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
11. Drain pasta and saving ½ cup of pasta water.
12. Place pasta back in pan with water and add the rest of the chimichurri, onions and pepper.
13. Toss to combine well.
14. Serve with flank steak on top of pasta and garnished with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Photo Credit: Lou Manna
Calories: 522Fat: 19.5g Total Carb: 53.1g Protein: 34g